Monday, November 06, 2006

Have you noticed the beautiful fall leaves this year? It's soooo neat to see God's handy work!

Today Mom was looking through a October/November "Taste of Home magazine" that has been in our archives ;-) and she found this yummy cookie recipe along with some other recipes that looked pretty good, especially for this time of year! These are called....

Lo-Cal Molasses Cookies

1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

In a mixing bowl, beat oil, molasses, 1/4 cup sugar and egg. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and cloves; add to molasses mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375* for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set and surface cracks. Yields: 5 dozen


Also, pictured (above the cookies) are some "fall coasters" made out of felt. We got the idea from www.sewchic.blogspot.com . Thanks for sharing these with us, Jessica, they were lot's of fun! :-)

Going into the "longer" evenings makes me start to think about making crafts, sewing, quilting etc. I was looking through a catalog the other day (called "Love To Learn" to view online go to www.LoveToLearn.net) and I ran onto two books that looked interesting. The one is about crocheting and the other about knitting. Both of those are of interest to me and and I thought that I might try to learn how to do them this winter if I get a chance. :-) On Sunday I pulled out our "Little House on the Praire" craft and sewing books. One of them has a sampler that looked like it might be fun to do, and when we went to my Grandma's house the other day she let us borrow an apron pattern she had. :-) Hopefully I can get a project going soon! :-)

~Chloe~:-)

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say rejoice!"
Philippians 4:4






1 comment:

Katie Marie said...

Hi Chloe-
Yes, I've been noticing the fall colors. It is beautiful, infact, I believe the most pretty fall since I've moved to Oklahoma!

Neat projects! I like your coasters. :P