Saturday, January 20, 2007

Birthday's and Sewing :-)





We had two birthday's this month...my Mom's and my younger brother's. We had many special treats to celebrate...sugar cookies with sprinkles, red grapes, fudge ice cream cups, mixed nuts, fudge, and cheese with crackers. Mmmmm! ;-)






We also had a delicious angel food cake (Mom's favorite) that my Grandma brought, and chocolate marble cupcakes. We displayed the cupcakes on a cupcake stand and then my Mom, younger brothers, and two cousins each blew out a candle. :-)









Our church has a Banquet for the youth (7th-12th grade) and their parents annually. We normally dress up, are served a fancy meal by the alumni (those who have already graduated) and those of the youth who would like to share a few scriptures, a piano piece, sing a song etc. that had been encouraging to them (in the Lord) , can present it during the evening. We also have a guest speaker.
Well, since it is a dressy occasion, my Mom was so kind as to make a dress for me, which turned out very nice and my Grandma crocheted a cape/stole to go with it! Thank you both sooo much!

Here, on the left, is the pattern we chose to use this year. We decided to make the one on the far left with the exception of the bow (Mom made a satin rose to go on one side of the dropped waistline instead) and we added sleeves and lengthened the skirt.





We found some nice satin material, trim, thread, zipper etc. and after making some minor adjustments were soon at the pinning and cutting out stage. Mom used tissue paper to add to the length of the skirt.

And here it is all done! Mom took this picture right before we left for the Banquet! It was a good time! :-)


"The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him."

Exodus 15:2

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Your dress came out soooo pretty! It looks like your mom did an awesome job.

I love how you celebrated the birthdays with lots of fun treats...that makes it special.

Have a great day!