Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!


Hello everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! :-) On Thanksgiving day we enjoyed visiting with relatives around a wonderful traditional Thanksgiving meal....turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes corn, green beans, creamed potatoes, hot rolls etc. :-). And for dessert there were several different kinds of pie and also sugar cookies! Mmmmm! :-) It was good! :-)

While we were there, two of my cousins, my younger brothers and I worked on a craft! I had traced leaf shapes on to paper and then made copies of the design onto colorful construction paper. We then could cut out a "leaf" of each color and paste the edges of the "leaves" together in a circular shape like a wreath.....creating a "Thankful Wreath". After that we wrote on each leaf things for which we were thankful. :-)

In years past we have done a "Thanksgiving Puppet Show" which has been lots of fun! (We have purchased a few of the puppets and others we made. :-D ) It is done to the story of the pilgrims and is "told" by one puppet and "acted out" by the other puppets! It's pretty neat. :-)






This picture is of one of our lovely bushes as it's leaves began to change going into the Autumn season. I thought it was so pretty! :-)






Psalm 118:1
O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chloe!
I'm happy to hear you had a "Happy" Thanksgiving! We did too.=) We went to the Mantooth's and rode 4wheelers and shot clay pigeons, it was fun! LOL
I hope you are all encouraged in faith. Hope to see you soon!
Lot's of love, Camey=)
Here's a verse that encouraged me today:
Rm.8:14
"For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God."