Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Aprons and Cornmeal Muffin Recipe






Gal 6:9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.

Hello! Today, and for the past several days, it has been very hot where we live. The temperatures have gotton up into the 100's! Wow! It is supposed to "cool down" a little (into the 90's) this weekend though, and there is a chance of getting some much needed rain. Anyway, here is a picture of some corn bread I made yesterday, (recipe listed below) and the aprons that I mentioned in an earlier post. :-D

Cornmeal Muffins

1/2 c. yellow cornmeal
3/4 c. flour
1/4 c. sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
3 T. oil
1 egg
1/2 c. milk

Preheat oven to 400*. In medium bowl, thoroughly mix together cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Blend in remaining ingredients just until moist. Fill greased muffin pans 2/3-full and bake 20 to 30 minutes. Yields: 8 muffins

Note:
We normally double this recipe and put it in a 13 x 9 inch pan, and cook 23-25 minutes. Enjoy! :)

3 comments:

Sew Chic said...

Your aprons look nice, Chloe!
How is your summer? I do wish to see see you sometime! Once I came to your blog again, I remembered being on it a long time ago. Isn't that funny? I just didn't know I knew you...
-Katie Marie

Chloe said...

Hi, Katie! Our summers going pretty good. How about yours? It would be fun to get together sometime soon!
Thanks for commenting!

~Chloe~

Katie Marie said...

We should get together! I'd love to see you again. I'm trying to think of a way to give you my email address without pasting it all over the internet. Hmm...
-Katie Marie
P.S. I'm listening to the latest SquareTalk right now from ROC. You and Travis have a very similar accent!