Friday, December 01, 2006

Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)


Yea!!! We did get the expected snow, and quite a bit of it! In one of the snow drifts it measured 19 inches! We bundled up this morning and headed outdoors to enjoy it. Some of the snow was kind of powdery, but for the most part it was great for building! :-) We made this snowman (pictured on the left) and it turned out to be some where around 6 feet tall! We had fun making it. :-)

Yesterday we had some vegetable soup and that was a nice warm meal to have during all the winter weather. Also, Mom made up some hot chocolate from a recipe that my Grandma had given us over the phone yesterday. It was really good! :-)

Hot Chocolate Mix

2 cups instant nonfat dry milk
1/2 cup cocoa, unsweetened
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt

Mix all ingredients and store in an air tight container. To make a cup of hot chocolate, mix 1/4 cup dry mix with 1 cup boiling water. Top with marshmallows, whipped cream, or cinnamon and enjoy! Makes approximately 14 cups.

Note: You can also add a few small chocolate chips if you like. :-)

We did some reading aloud and I worked on some more of the coasters yesterday evening and that was lots of fun too. :-)

Today we are going to try to do some Christmas decorating. :-)

In Christ,
~Chloe ~ :-)

"O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever!"
1 Chronicles 16:34



2 comments:

Rubies&Sapphires said...

Wow!!! Hasn't all this snow been amazing?! I've never seen snow this deep in Oklahoma. We've been out in it 2-3 times everyday so far. Our little ones wanted to play in it as much as possible. = ) Us older ones have had the animals to take care of. ; )

I really like your snowman!

Not related to the snow topic, but I linked to you on mine and Stephen's blog. Have you checked out our blog yet? You can find it at www.rubiesandsapphires.blogspot.com. I hope you don't mind being linked to; let me know if you would rather be taken off. Also, let me know what you think of Rubies & Sapphires!

Happy December, Chloe!

~Terah K.

Chloe said...

Hey, Terah!
This snow has been amazing! :-)
And yes that's fine that you linked to me. Thanks! :-) As for your and Stephen's blog....I think that I did visit it once before. :-)It looks neat! I just added it to "Favorites" so I can go to it easily. :-) We also visited your family blog. We enjoyed getting to see all the Thanksgiving pictures!
Thanks for commenting! ;-)

~Chloe~