Sunday, April 04, 2010

~Happy Resurrection Day!~

Hello all! I hope you had a very blessed Resurrection Day! (We certainly did!) :)

My brothers had fun decorating our windows for both spring and Resurrection Day!

My brothers also enjoyed creating beautiful cards! One of my brothers chose a flower theme and my other brother made some cards with hidden eggs on each page! They were both very creative and artistic in their designs! :)

On Saturday we went to my grandparents house! My Grandma so graciously blessed us with a home cooked meal (for dessert she made this cute rabbit cake!) and we had a great time catching up with relatives!






We then headed outside to hide eggs for my brothers and cousins to find. Here my cousins waited in eager anticipation! :)








And the hunt was on!





Pausing for a quick picture...










...and another!










Here's a picture of my grandparents handsome dog Tuffy. ;)












After all the eggs were found and treats were sorted, we decided to take a hike up to our house to show our cousins the new baby kittens!


When we went back to my grandparents house, my brothers and cousins put on a show with paper Bible characters (which my cousins created) as the story of Jesus' death and resurrection was read aloud. :)

When we returned home that eveing, we concluded the day by watching some of the film "Jesus of Nazareth". :)
On Sunday we were blessed to gather with friends and reflect on our Lord's resurrection, followed by a wonderful meal, and later we went to the park and played volleyball and Capture the Flag! SO much fun! :D

That evening, we decided to make our traditional Resurrection Day crescent rolls! We put a little butter, cinnamon, sugar and marshmallows inside the crescent rolls, then after they are baked, and the marshmallows have melted, you can take a bite and the crescent rolls are hollow, like an empty tomb!

May we all continue to keep our eyes fixed on Jesus!

Many blessings to you all!
~Chloe~ :)


"knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold...but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ."
~1 Peter 1:18, 19~

1 comment:

Hannah B. said...

It was a blessing to worship the Lord with you on Sunday!