Sunday, July 13, 2008

Having a ball....


.....preparing for one! :-D

It's rather exciting! The ball is later this week and we're trying to make sure all of our wardrobes and accessories are in order! We had ordered some hoop skirts for Mom and me from e-bay and have already received those and the gloves for my dad and older brother should be on there way. :-) Mom has been busy sewing on the civil war uniform for my older brother and it is really starting to take shape!


As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've been

looking at hairstyles on the internet and on the



left is a picture of one I attempted to duplicate today. :-)

I also thought about trying one with part of the hair pulled up with lots of curls cascading down or maybe something like the the ladies hair in the next picture....hmmm.....we'll have to see what we can come up with. :-)


















We also recently watched the movie North & South, which wasn't about the Civil War, but I believe it was set around that time period. It was a pretty interesting movie! :-)






And lastly, here is a link to a you tube video I watched and was amazed at how many people were dancing and how straight the dancer's kept their lines. The place in which they dance is also beautiful. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ4UqykK90k&feature=related



In Christ,
~Chloe~



" You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might."
Deuteronomy 6:5

6 comments:

Ruth said...

I'm excited for you! I hope you'll post lots of pictures after the ball. :)

Chloe said...

Oh, yes! I will! :-)

Blessings,
~Chloe~

Anonymous said...

Hey Chloe!
I found this link when I was looking at the dancing one you have here! :D
This is an amazing violinist! LOL! I like the big eyes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8N4C-s9NSE

Don't lose heart! Hope to see you soon! Camey :D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D

Chloe said...

Camey,

Wow!!! That little boy was VERY accomplished! Thanks for sharing the link with me. :-)

God Bless!
~Chloe~

Anonymous said...

Hey Chloe,

I hope you and your family have a dazzling time at the ball! =) I can't wait to see pics!

We're still waiting for a baby over here. Mom's going in to have him induced on the 21st. We've been hoping that she just goes into labor naturally before then. I'll let you know when baby Gabe arrives.


Terah

Chloe said...

Terah,

Thank you! :-)
We had a good practice with the dance group yesterday and hopefully we'll remember which steps to do when at the ball! :-)

We'll be praying for your Mom and baby Gabe! :-)

Blessings,
~Chloe~